Dear Residents and Family Members, This has been a week of good news from the CDC, as COVID-19 restrictions are loosened for the public and healthcare workers through the issuance of new guidelines. The new guidance in the “Updated Healthcare Infection Prevention and Control Recommendations in Response to COVID-19 Vaccination” published on April 27, 2021 has resulted in changes in our facility policies and procedures that will be felt in the daily lives of our residents and in their families:
- Dining and communal activities can take place in the facilities without the required masks and social distancing when all in the room are fully vaccinated. Unfortunately, when there are unvaccinated residents or staff in the dining room or activity, both residents and staff must continue to social distance and wear masks.
- Fully vaccinated VISITORS may visit FULLY VACCINATED residents in the privacy of their room or apartment and may remove their mask after entering the room. They may visit without regard to social distance. This means you will need to share your vaccination status IF you want an unmasked visit. Please bring your vaccination card to your visit. You may either show it to the receptionist each time or permit us to make a copy for our visitor records.
- Visitation must still take place in the resident’s room, apartment or outdoors.
- Visitors who are NOT fully vaccinated or do not want to disclose their vaccination status must continue to wear a mask while visiting their family member unless the visit is taking place outdoors. If you are unvaccinated and visiting outdoors, we recommend you still maintain social distance and limit physical contact.
- Fully vaccinated residents may leave campus to visit with fully vaccinated family members to enjoy small group family activities. You should avoid large groups, crowds, and poorly ventilated spaces.
- Newly admitted residents who are fully vaccinated are not required to quarantine following admission or hospitalization. Unvaccinated residents are still subject to this.
These opportunities and enhancements are possible due to the increased frequency of vaccination in the surrounding community. We encourage you, and all your family members, to become vaccinated against COVID-19. Please be informed that If we have a positive case of COVID-19 within our community of staff and residents, we will need to return to restricted, masked visitation. If the positivity rate in Henrico County increases above 10% again, visitation will also be restricted. Our success in keeping this virus from recurring depends on the willingness of our residents, families, and staff to receive the vaccination and to be mindful of their activities outside of the facility. We appreciate all you have done to support us over the past 14 months to keep our residents safe. Thank you, Morris S. Funk President and Chief Executive Officer