Dear Residents and Family Members:
I have good news to share with you. We have concluded our Point Prevalence Survey of the Healthcare Center, Parkside and the Gardens. The results are in, and I am pleased to announce that no staff or residents tested positive for coronavirus.
This means that we are now permitted to offer structured, outside visitation! We will begin the visitation process in phases, starting with the Gardens, then Parkside, and finally The Healthcare Center. As previously mentioned, these visits are limited to 30 minutes each and are for family members only. They will be carefully controlled to minimize the risk of introducing the virus back into our population. These outdoor visits will depend on the weather, the resident’s condition, and their individual physical ability. It is critically important that we follow the guidelines established by the health department and professional standards in source control.
- Screening of all visitors prior to their visit, which includes ensuring no visitor has a low grade, undetected fever (greater than 99.8°)
- Visits are limited to two people
- Both visitors and residents are required to be masked
- Hands must be sanitized
- No physical contact and both resident and visitor must stay behind the booth barrier
- All visits are monitored by staff, who has the authority to end the visit if guidelines are being violated
- No children under the age of 13 or pets (at this time)
These guidelines will be non-negotiable and are designed to safeguard the health and safety of your family member. Should we have one new case of the virus, these visits will cease, and we will be required to retreat to Phase I. Please note that our virtual visits are still available and will continue to be available. Should we need to cancel the visit for weather, we will utilize a virtual visit.
Detailed instructions on how to set up these outdoor visits is forthcoming next week.
To stay informed, please continue to check our phone line (804) 421-5141 and website for updates, www.bethsholomliving.org . If you would like to receive updates by email, contact us
at email@example.com and provide your name, the name of your loved one and the building where they reside.
Please be safe and follow the CDC guidance of wearing a mask, social distancing, and frequent handwashing.
Morris S. Funk
President and Chief Executive Officer