April 15, 2020
Dear Residents, Family Members and Beth Sholom Team:
We have received several calls today regarding misleading media reports about the COVID-19 cases at Beth Sholom. Here is the most accurate information.
- All of the residents who have confirmed cases for COVID-19 are in our Healthcare Center location. None of our other buildings on campus currently have a case.
- We are now working with the Henrico Health Department to test all of our residents in the Healthcare Center Location only. Accessing the number of kits necessary to complete that testing has been extremely difficult.
- The lag time between a time a person is tested, and the results are received is slow and creating challenges for everyone involved. That aspect is out of our control.
- All residents in the Healthcare Center are on isolation.
- We are following all of the guidelines and recommendations from the health department and other experts in the region.
Beth Sholom has made a commitment to be as transparent as possible with our residents, their families and our staff. We post all of our regular updates on our website so you can follow how we are managing the spread of this virus. As always, if you have specific questions about your loved ones you can contact us and we will do our very best to get back to you in a timely fashion. At the same time, HIPPA regulations forbid us from discussing some elements of our response and the residents involved.
These are stressful times and we want you to know that we understand your concerns. We also appreciate the trust you have placed in us to care for you loved ones. We do want to stress that you are welcome to take advantage of our video chats to check in on your family members. They really do make a difference!
Morris S. Funk
President and Chief Executive Officer