I first wanted to take this moment to say thank you. The challenges you have overcome this past week are beyond anything we have ever faced before. You have handled this sudden situation with the utmost professionalism and care – more than anyone could expect. You should be proud of your efforts and the compassion that you have been providing our residents.
I also want to take this moment to recognize the sacrifices many of you are making to fulfill your roles as caregivers to our residents. With schools closed, I know many of you have young children at home. You have made last minute arrangements so you can continue to come to work and for that we are most appreciative. It is important you know that we are here to support you.
I want to provide you with an update on the steps we have taken thus far and what to expect in the coming days and weeks as we deal with the COVID-19 threat:
- First – and most important – not a single resident in our care or member of our team has contracted the coronavirus. The sanitary processes and protocols we have in place are working and we need to remain diligent in how we follow those guidelines. Should we find ourselves in the situation of having to care for a patient, we need to be sure everyone knows the steps they need to take to care for the residents and our staff.
- Our screening protocols are still in place and working as designed.
- We know the restrictions we have placed on family members visiting their loved ones has created some new challenges for many of you. We ask that you also consider the hardships this has placed on our residents who often look forward to visits from family and friends.
- Effective today, Tuesday, March 17th, in appreciation of your dedication during this unprecedented time and to keep you from having to travel off campus for meals, starting tomorrow Beth Sholom will provide lunch and dinner for all staff (including our vendor partners). Meals will be served in the Bistro at the following times:
- If you have questions or concerns, it’s important that we share them with your supervisor or a member of the senior leadership team. The sooner we know about it, the sooner we can address it and resolve the problem.
- Lastly, if you are feeling ill or a member of your family is feeling ill, we would ask you to notify us immediately. Safety for our entire community is our highest priority during this pandemic.
- If you have questions regarding our Leave Policy please ask your Supervisor or Human Resources.
We want you to know that our senior leadership team is meeting daily to discuss the latest developments and put plans in place to address the risks. If you have any suggestions to address the current situation, we welcome them. Just pass them on to your supervisor or send them to email@example.com.
Thank you for your dedication, professionalism and your caring hearts. Working together, I am confident we will get through this situation and become a stronger community and organization.
Morris S. Funk
President and Chief Executive Officer